Luthier Parts & Tools
Nut - Graphite, for Gibson, slotted
This graphite nut will work for most Gibson® and similar style guitars and basses. It is slotted but does require final shaping and fitting to exact size. PLEASE NOTE: Because this nut tapers in both thickness from top to bottom and height on the fret board side vs. the headstock side all measurements for those dimensions were taken at the center of the nut.
- Length = 1 23/32 inches (43.75mm)
- Height #1 (fretboard side) = 5/16 inches (7.81mm)
- Height #2 (headstock side) = 9/32 inches (7mm)
- Thickness at bottom = 15/64 inches (6.1mm)
- Thickness at top = 3/16 inches (4.78mm)
Nut - Graphite, for Fender, blank unslotted
This graphite nut blank will work for most Fender® and similar style guitars and basses. It is NOT slotted and does require final shaping and fitting to exact size. It has a radiused bottom.
- Length = 2 1/64 inches (51.25mm)
- Height = 11/64 inches (4.55mm)
- Thickness = 1/8 inch (3.1mm)